Saturday, February 23, 2008

Step 4: Backpack


Whats backpacking around the world without a backpack? I decided that it only made sense that I had a post talking about the packs I plan on taking. My main pack will be a Kelty Coyote 4900. I think it’s made for camping and hiking, but it was one of the most comfortable packs I tried on. It has plenty of room and is able to compress to a pretty small profile when needed.

My daypack will be will be a North Face Recon which fits all my electronics so I can take it with me in places where I cannot lock it up. It too compresses to a small size. It has water bladder compartment which also fits my laptop pretty well. It wasn’t very comfortable when I first got it, but it has since then been broken in and fits me quite well.

1 comment:

  1. I actually really appreciate how much preparation you put into your time abroad, especially knowing how long you would be gone. This is definitely something I would do but something most I wouldn't necessarily have documented so thoroughly. On my blog I only talked about the process once I hit the ground running. Since part of that blog now covers my transition from Finland to England I suppose it now has some of the background of what it takes to move countries but it's wonderful reading it from this point of view. :) (Btw, this is Jen Lee, if you didn't know). ;)

    ReplyDelete