Sunday, September 7, 2008

Gibraltar Monkeys

IMG_2684

IMG_2685

To end my Moroccan I jump on a ferry from Tangier to Gibraltar. If you remember from my previous post I can’t really go to Europe because of the Schengen visa 90day limitation. Well luckily Gibraltar is considered part of the UK so it completely separate from Spain or Schengen. From there I have a flight back to London to visit James in proper village of AppleShaw. But before I leave I have a couple of days to check out Gibraltar.

IMG_0448

IMG_0484

Gibraltar is a tax haven and huge duty free shopping destination. It is also home to the only monkeys in Europe. They live on the rock of Gibraltar which has history of sieges throughout the centuries. There are numerous tourist attractions on the rock and we were able to check most of them of them. The most interesting thing about Gibraltar is that the airport has a road running through in. Thus we have to walk across the airstrip to get to the airport. Every time a plane lands or takes off the road has to be entirely blocked of car and pedestrian traffic.

IMG_0522

IMG_0417

No comments:

Post a Comment