Saturday, September 20, 2008

Goodbye Cappadocia!

IMG_0987

Today we finished the guided tour. The day started off visiting some of Cappadocia’s famous rock formations and then a rock village that made me feel like I was in an episode of the Flintstones. Next stop was a plate shop where a store showed off its plate making and painting talents.

IMG_0950

Afterwards we visited a portion of Cappadocia that was protected, meaning there is an extra entrance fee required. This area has some of the most preserved Christian cave paintings. The colors are still brilliantly bright. These caves were all amazing and full of tourists that didn’t know how to turn their flashes off.

IMG_0970

During the evening we visited my favorite restaurant for their cappuccino and milk shakes. It was an awesome last meal and the service from the family’s kids was awesome. That night we waited at the local bus station for an overnight bus to Antalya and then for a layover to Olympos. I almost got in a fight with a fat Turkish guy because he would not let me recline my chair. Initially, I was trying to be polite when he protested my lean back move. However at around 10-11pm when everyone had their seats reclined, I again reclined my chair and he protested in Turkish. I ignored him at first, but then he hit the back of my seat, I stood up and at that point I was ready to fight. And with another half Chinese half Irish guy next to me that had my back, I was prepared to take those odds. In the end he backed down and I got some sleep.

IMG_0875

No comments:

Post a Comment