Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Goodbye Istanbul!

IMG_5056

Today is my last night in Turkey and we are just chilling in Istanbul. Casey and Jess are again staying at the Antique hostel so I had a place to stash my bag and take a shower. The last thing on my agenda is to hang out with Casey and Jess, and we decide to hit up some coffee shops. After dinner we go to one that next to our hostel where they have a live band, Turkish live band which consists of hand drums, two other instruments I had never seen before, and a guy yelling in Turkish. The funniest thing of that night is a fat guy dancing to the music. I made a video of it on my canon point and shoot and now every time I’m having a bad day I watch it and it makes me instantly feel better. Maybe I’ll stick it up on youtube one of these days.

IMG_2835

At the hostel we met a bunch of Danish girls that were living in Anatalya to study Turkish. We ended up drinking and chatting with them at the Hostel balcony restaurant. It was really interesting listening to their stories and views of Turkey. It really sucks when you meet cool people and immediately have to leave, but my flight to Dubai was schedule that evening so I had to leave after a few drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment