Saturday, October 25, 2008

Skiing in a Desert

IMG_3064

Today, the Nancys, Gerald, and I went to Ski Dubai. Ski Dubai is a green run at best and says they have five runs, but I only count two. The amazing thing about it is that it is attached to the end of a mall. Emirates Mall is about a 5min drive from Dubai Marina so it’s fairly close and I drive by it all the time either picking up Nancy from the Trade Center or going to explore the rest of Dubai. It is a fairly ugly structure from the outside but the fact that there is a skiing in a desert is pretty impressive.

IMG_3066

IMG_2918

IMG_2914

Later inside the mall I find an electronics store called Kansas Digital to replace my broken Tamron lens. I ended up buying a Sigma 17-70 here. Gerald tried to get me a Filipino discount and I tried to get a Kansas discount, but they wouldn’t budge. It was still cheaper than the states and I am really glad that I now have a working standard zoom lens.

IMG_2925

2 comments:

  1. Kansas Digital!!! holy crap I didn't know that kansas was such a big production spot for fine digital products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] is a specialty and is actually surprisingly good. By the way, in the picture below I am wearing my Ski Dubai gloves, they turned out to be a good purchase afterall [...]

    ReplyDelete