Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Advance Open Water

P1010237

Dahab is such a relaxing atmosphere. Basically everyone just hangs out along the restaurants all day. You can rent snorkeling gear everywhere and at less than 10meters off the shore, there are extravagant reef systems. These corals are much more impressive than the ones in Nuweba there is much more depth to this ecosystem.

P1010195

P1010198

PB180042

The waters are still cold, but during the day when the sun is out it is not too bad. I meet up with Yoko, Nick and Paulina, and we head out to do some snorkeling. There are many areas along the shore with various names and we head out to Eel Garden. Sadly I did not have my underwater casing with me and I was unable to take any photos, but even the pictures would not have done this place justice. There is more marine life in my first glance compared to all the fish combined from my Southern California dives.

P1010196

P1010168

P1010151

PB180041

On a later day I run into Eric and another Brit. They are both staying at Penguin Hotel and are doing their Open Water course there. On that note I decided to sign up for the Advanced Open Water course at Divers Down Under. I was able to negotiate to 200 USD for everyone including 2 extra dives. This totals to 7 dives that comes out to about 28USD/dive with the Advance Open Water certification. I thought this was quite the deal.

P1010238

PB190134

PB190103

Lucky for me there is a couple from Denmark that brought an underwater camera and was able to share their photos with me. Unfortunately most of the settings were messed up, so the colors are pretty washed out. During the advance course I hit a peak bottom time of 76minutes and also a max depth of 40m, on separate dives of course. It was amazing, during my first dive while we were entering and trying to reach a depth of 20m, I saw a rock transform into an octopus, swim alongside me, then suddenly change colors turn back into a rock. It was one of the coolest things I’ve seen.

PB190102

PB190100

PB190148

PB180013

No comments:

Post a Comment