Sunday, November 2, 2008

Mount Olive

IMG_1722

I talked to more people at our hostel and they all recommend that I check out the sunrise and sunset at Mount Olive. It is my understanding that Mount Olives marks the point where Jesus will return. This is why the hillside is filled with tombstones of people who want to be buried at that exact location.

IMG_1755

Since I am not much of a morning person I rule out the idea that I’ll see a sunrise. Instead I opt for a sunset visit and trek towards the road leading up to the top. I walk along the ancient walls of Jerusalem past Damascus Gate. I still have not grasped the idea that I am actually walking along something this ancient. A left the intersection and I start to march up a steep 45degree hill. This steep uphill climb is well worth the effort for the view over the city.

IMG_1756

No comments:

Post a Comment