Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back to Paris

The train strike had backed up all the schedule trains to Paris. Now all the trains out of Nice had been booked until the following Wednesday. Luckily EasyJet had released several cheap flights and a ticket from Nice to Pari was 29€. However EasyJet does nickel and dime you with baggage fees and charges for using a credit card. So when it was all said and done the flight back to Paris came out to 36€, which is still a pretty good price.

IMG_1696

Paris almost feels like home now. I have a grocery store, clothing store, haircut place and sporting goods store. I know how to get around by foot and rollerblade. It is a much more familiar experience than before. And now I even have local friends here. I met up with Cristina and Carolina on Saturday and we all went to the Hideout. I hadn't really been to any clubs or bars in Pars, so it was a pretty exciting time. This club is actually underground and almost feels like you're walking down into catacombs.

IMG_1649

IMG_1663


I went out with Caroline and Cristina's friends one night for sushi. We all met up at the Châtelet metro and when everyone arrived to took another metro ride over to the sushi location. This sushi restaurant has a 20€ all you can eat sushi. I told by our waiter that all the Japanese sushi, and Korean food restaurants were actually all owned by Chinese people. We were able to converse back in forth in Mandarin.

IMG_1686

IMG_1695

On Friday, Giang and I decided to do Roller Pari again. This time we both survived without falling. However I was able to witness 4 people falling. I skated towards the front of the pack this time and that group likes to play games throughout the entire course. For example first everyone will slow down and then a series of yells and screams will mean to skate as fast as you can to the next corner. It was usually during these bursts of speed that people's skates collided and bodies when down on the pavement. It was very entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. Am I a local friend??I thought I was spanish...lol. It´s great to know Paris feels almost like home...I hope thats also thanks to me=) Btw, wtf is that pic?? dont u have a better one? I´m looking awful on it =( I miss you wei... I hope to see you soon. Enjoy your trip =)

    ReplyDelete