Sunday, May 18, 2008

Nice Weather: Sunny

IMG_1602

It's Sunday and like most places in France, everything is closed. The Monoprix (grocery store), H&M (clothing), and even the Kebab place where I get my lunches from are all closed. Sundays are for relaxing. Everyone heads for the beach and when in Nice, do as the... Nicians?

IMG_1502

Today is also Giang's last day in Nice and since he is taking my roller blades back to Paris for me, I decided that I better make good use of my purchase in Paris. Giang and I strapped on our roller blades at the beach. Stephanie rented a pair of skates for something like 6€ for an hour and 12€ for the day. There is a wide sidewalk that runs up along the ocean side of the beach. A large portion of it is for walking while a narrower green two lane area is for bikes. The boardwalk is elevated above the rocky pebbles below and along side the road next to it. This boardwalk was used in chase scene from The Transporter. In fact Nice and Cannes were both used for the majority of the chase scenes.

IMG_1489

The beach looks completely different than the first day. It is packed and there are tons of people walking along the sidewalk. Next to the sidewalk is a green path marked for bikes. So we cut in and out of that lane and through the crowds of people. The weather is great, sunny with a nice breeze. I forgot to put on sunscreen and in the short amount of time of roller blading in a tanktop I got some a nice burn going on my shoulders and neck.

IMG_1491

IMG_1490

Giang leaves after a while to visit Cannes on his way back to Paris. Stephanie and I decide to stay at the beach. I went for swim. The waters were cool and reminded me of California. Getting in and out of the waves barefoot was pretty difficult. The rocks tumbled around with the wake and stable footing was hard to maintain. We headed back to the hostel around 6pm.

IMG_1501

No comments:

Post a Comment