Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Other sights of Paris

IMG_5832
I have many pictures that were taken in Paris that really don't belong under a single posting. So I'll just put them all in here.

Giang and I went to Jim Morisson's grave. We were hoping to meet up with Gene there but we never found him. After the cemetery, we stopped to get some ice cream. After sitting down we see Nate, Erika, and Gene strolling along the sidewalk, small world. here are some pictures of the grave, I wasn't that impressed. Giang had told me that it was suppose to have a lot of graffiti on it. Its kind of weird to see that a giant cemetery is now a tourist attraction.
IMG_6160
IMG_6153

There are several churches between Opera and the Arc de Triomphe. I was able to visit during my many walks around Paris. The Church of St. Mary Magdalen is the closest. I actually stumbled upon it while trying to find a store and I had no idea what was.
IMG_5823
IMG_5819
The other church is Saint Augustine's. I have used both of these church to help figure out where I am. That is another great thing about Paris, all the markers available to help you figure out where you are. There is something big and unique at most major intersections that when I did get lost, it didn't last that long.
IMG_5829
Its also helpful that Paris is full of these tourist signs telling you which direction to go.
IMG_5642
Sunset, saw this one while walking around near Opera. No editing straight from the camera with a resize.
IMG_1438

Sample wine and cheese, check
IMG_1429

There were several French holidays during my first week in Paris. During this time parks were usually packed full of people.
IMG_1403

Sacré-Cœur during the day.
IMG_6045
IMG_5702

This picture is taken at Asiatic which is a clothing store near Opera.
IMG_6056

I don't really remember where this was, but its a cool picture, no?
IMG_5975

No comments:

Post a Comment