Friday, May 23, 2008

Goodbye Nice!

Sacha and I had met up with the Americans the day before to grab some lunch. Aja, Drew, Daniella and Naomi were waiting for us by the time we arrived at the fountain. We quickly selected a restaurant with outdoor seating. We were given English menus and Sacha, Drew and I all ordered the salmon. I pointed and said salmon, Sacha and Drew said he would have the same thing as me. When the food came out we ended up with Sirloin instead. Apparently our waitress had miss-heard me and so Sacha and Drew all ended up with sirloin as well. Ever since then I had been craving Salmon.

IMG_1613

Ever since we had met the group of Americans staying in Nice we always met up with them at the fountain at 10:30pm. More like 11ish with our trek to the city center. That night we were unable to make it there in time. We ended up drinking in the town center and eventually ran into Drew. Hung out for a little while and then said our goodbyes as it was their last night in Nice.

ALIM0970

My last day in Nice was yet another beach day. The Canadians who were suppose to have left that morning ended up staying another night because of the French train strike. We ended up hanging out for another day with Cristina and Caroline, both from Paris. They were also leaving mid day so we all decided to hit up the last outdoor restaurant that Sacha and I got the sirloin at. This time we made sure that the waitress understood salmon and it paid off.

ALIM0965

IMG_1598

After seeing Cristina and Carolina off, we all hit the beach and relaxed. The waves were pretty strong that day and we all ended up getting tossed around in the rocks. I ended up with a couple of scrapes on my shoulder but all in all it was still a great time.

IMG_1604

No comments:

Post a Comment