Thursday, June 12, 2008

Museum Night @ Berlin

IMG_7124

IMG_7122

Mark and I took a train from Amsterdam to Berlin in the morning. We arrived at our hostel called Jetpak City Hostel. It was by far one of the nicest places I've stayed. Everything was extremely and clean. The common areas were all very nice. We found out that night was free admission to all museums so we quickly dropped off our bags and headed to Museum Island where there are three museums.

IMG_7078

With only two hours of left free admission we breezed through most of the exhibitions. I think I am getting overloaded by museum. They are no longer interesting to me. I don't think I have the background to appreciate 90% of what I see. None the less here are some shots from that night.

IMG_7089

Berlin's public transit system is a series of S-Bahns and U-Bahns. The S is on the surface and is faster than the U which is underground. The Bahns use the same honor system for tickets. You have to buy a ticket and get it validated before you get on the train. However there is no gate system where you have to have a ticket. We bought tickets most of the time when it was convenient and never saw anyone get checked.

IMG_7091

IMG_7104

No comments:

Post a Comment