Saturday, June 7, 2008

Paris Food

I had several authentic French dining experiences in Paris and I have to say that they were all good. Most restaurants have a 3-4 course meals and the prices aren't too bad. The first area was by the Châtelet area where waiters stand on the outside of their restaurants in an attempt to get people to come in.

We selected a French restaurant and I was finally able to try some escargot (snails) and frog legs as appetizers, salmon as the main course, and dessert of course. The escargot came with a special snail holding thongs and a spear looking utensil to hook the meat out. It was kind of difficult to eat at first but once you get the first one the rest are easy. I've had frog legs before as a child in China, but I felt obligated to try them while in France.

IMG_1730

IMG_1731

IMG_1735

IMG_1737

Another cafe next to opera I was able to try some rabbit in mustard sauce. I had never had it and I saw rabbit in the supermarket in Nice. Ever since then I had been interested. This meat was probably the most tender meat I've had. It melted apart.

IMG_1815

No comments:

Post a Comment